Soothing Facial Treatment 🌟 Medi Beaute Bukit Mertajam, Penang

I'd been struggling with acne since teenager times (read more on My Acne Nightmare) which eventually limit myself a lot on cosmetics stuff like make up and facial treatments. I had only treatment cream and oral medicine to heal back then.

Thank God it's much stable now and I thought a simple facial treatment would be nice on my skin, provided that there's no harmful ingredients.

My face is prone to mild redness as the side effect of overload use of Dalacin T topical solution few years back. It's mainly because of the excessive alcohol contained which primarily to kill bacteria infection but then it caused severe skin damage in a long run. NOTE to those who are suffering with bacteria infection and wish to apply Dalacin T solution, use it in appropriate amount. So consequences? My skin is allergic to alcohol since then.

Dull, bigger size of pores and a little dehydrated, ahh... best describe my current skin condition.

I given myself a chance to step forward to go for facial treatment (in other ways, it literally means taking risk LOL) To be honest, I was very anxious deep down where I keep confirming with the beauty therapist no alcohol ingredients to be applied to my face, I may sound "cheong hei"  (exaggerating) to you, Nico but sorry I didn't mean to annoy you in that way also😬

Trivia

🏢  Medi Beaute @ Pusat Perniagaan Gemilang, Bukit Mertajam (~10 mins driving from Auto City) 

🕑  10.30am - 8.30pm. Opens daily.

🚗 Street parking (required MPSP parking coupon)

💸 Visa, Master, Cash


I had a 90-minute soothing facial treatment as recommended by Nico as a way to penetrate moisture into my skin in order to sooth the redness. 

The facial treatment started with double cleansing on whole face consist of cleansing milk and cleansing gel. The first one works as a magnet to 'absorb' the make up and dust that leaves on our skin (epidermis layer) followed by the latter to remove those in pore as rinsing off with water. It is a crucial step to ensure a thorough cleansing to be performed for a more effective application later on.

Both cleansing agent works pretty well on me and I enjoyed how the hand technique applied that include the appropriate gesture and strength. Simply comfortable, I can just fall into sleep I guess!


I didn't just pampered by Nico in one-way output, instead, she guided me on my skin condition after the cleansing step. Moreover, she was readily to answer my doubt whenever I ask, that's some little part of services which I quite like. A gentle scrub applied on my face to remove the dead skin later on.
Next, she applied thick aloe vera soothing gel on my face and left it for about 15 minutes. All worked pretty good on me though. 


My most favourite goes to the third step! Cold compression machine was performed circularly on my whole face that with the gel on. It is to penetrate the moisture and cooling agent into dermis layer. What's more exciting is, it helps in face lifting instantly, look at the photo, instant result ain't it?Tell me who don't like it huh?! I miss it a lot!!!

Just as I was still revelling in the previous step, Nico helped in trimming my messy eye brow.

Another round of thick aloe vera gel was applied on my whole face again, shortly after. This time round, it works as a primer for hydration rose treatment mask that is on the fifth as well as the last step.

Be prepared on the following photo because I myself get shocked on it also! LOL
A very mild fragrance from the rose extraction is calming, not to mention, it was applied on whole face. And I have to stay still for 20 minutes.

Last but not least, the mask was removed with luke water and applied with toner as well as moisturizer. Upon request, Nico didn't apply sunscreen to because I didn't see the need to apply at late evening on 5 something (LOL, what a logic)

The whole facial treatment is a relaxing one and to my own great surprise, it is rather a fabulous. This solved my anxiety just before the treatment, I suppose.

Results
Pore minimized, hydrated and more radiant skin. 

Got this candid photo during the dinner right after treatment. Well-pampered skin enhance my confidence to be in public place even with bare face!
And most importantly, I really could feel that my skin-care cream are now absorbed more easily into my skin after the treatment.

Another highlights
There's no hard selling which I was very comfortable with. Rather, it was like a consulting session for me to understand my skin more before any possible further transaction were performed. I'd been to quite a renowned one in Gurney Paragon few years back, no way. People from Medi Beaute are more customer-centralized rather than hitting sales target. I believe consulting session like this would attract more returning clients.

For my personal recommendation, you may look for Nico if you're keen to experience once. I enjoyed a lot from her skillful hand throughout the facial.

Summary
Service: 4/5 (So far so good on my first visit)
Possible for return visit?
YES
PS: I'll be glad to assist you or your friend with further inquires on skin issues. Just drop me an email (mableseah@hotmail.com) or simply pm me via my facebook. Don't be shy! 😊