Humble Review: Good Luck Bak Kut Teh 好运肉骨茶 @ Jalan Mahsuri, Bayan Baru, Penang

Being one of the signature food of Malaysians, Bak Kut Teh, however, isn't my great favourite one. The situation occurs even more obvious after I've tried out the superb Bak Kut Teh in Klang during the pre-graduation trip last year. (PS: Look for 亚火肉骨茶 Ah Her Bak Kut Teh. You Won't REGRET)

Since my #internmates request for Bak Kut Teh as dinner together after work, there I join them along to discover this Bak Kut Teh stall (considered in my neighbourhood yet it's my first time making patronage).

I bet Bayan Baru area residents would be quite familiar with Good Luck Bak Kut Teh (好运肉骨茶) that run its business at a shop lot along Jalan Mahsuri, just a stone throw away from Sunshine Square Bayan Baru. 


 Here's what we have for a table of seven. We were there earlier than the peak dining hour, hence, waiting time is fair.

Blanched Romaine Lettuce with Oyster Sauce 油菜(玻璃生菜)(RM 8 / Large)
 Not a big surprise from this to excite our taste bugs though.
Oh ya, one turn us down from Yao Zha Guai (油炸鬼or油条) as it is quite soggy to chew during our visit.
Bak Kut Teh (Soup) 汤肉骨茶 (RM 39 / 4 pax)
 Sorry but this favourite soup version of mine deliberately turn me down upon my visit.
The lack of  herb and spices also lead to a less garlicky-peppery flavour that it is certainly a must to have, I suppose.


Bak Kut Teh (Dry) 干肉骨茶 (RM 39 / 4pax)
Lucky me, this dry version of Bak Kut Teh manage to pass above my expectation and no doubt, it tastes nice to me. Better yet, it even tastes far better than soup version.
Dried chili and chili paddy manage to kick out the essential aroma. So, be extra careful to look out for them if you don't wish to chew it unintentionally.

 Here I have you the full menu with price list for your reference.


Save the location for your own convenience if you'd like to give it a try.



Summary (Scaling Point: 0 - Lowest; 5 - Highest)Price: 3/5 (Above average)
Taste: 2/5 (Just my humble rating)
Dining Ambience: 3/5 (Usual hawker environment, indoor and al-fresco available)
Vehicle Parking: 2.5/5 (Diners mostly park along the roadside, no guanrantee for summon XD)
Business Hour: 5.30pm till 12.30pm daily (Closed on alternate Mondays and certain days off with prior notice as well)
Address: 14, Jalan Mahsuri, Bandar Bayan Baru, 11950 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia.


Disclaimer: This is simply my two-cents on my dining experience, it may be different on personal taste preference basis, too. That's simply explaining about my Humble Review at the same time.