Hai Koay Teow Soup 👋 Fisherman's Wharf Penang, Karpal Singh Drive.

Finally, another affordable food is available at Karpal Singh Drive! Just so you know, a variety of foreign cuisine restaurant are kind of flourishly developing at Automall, and to be honest, sometimes I don't have the craving for any of them (probably tight budget/don't find any great highlights that keen to try out).



Overload of ho liao has be to balanced with the common food or in Mandarin we call them 平民美食, I bet many wouldn't go against with this saying, too.

One of the local's favourite, Koay Teow Soup from Hai has recently opened a stall and coincidentally, we were there during the grand opening!

Trivia

🏢 Hai Koay Teow Soup @ Fisherman's Wharf Penang, Karpal Singh Drive.

🕑 Business Hour: 11am - 2am (Opens daily)

🚗 Parking: Parking lot (FOC)

💸Payment: Cash.


*Hai Koay Teow Soup owns a restuarant at Relau since 2013 where I'd been dining there from time to time.

There're up to seven options of noodles up to select including Koay Teow, Yellow Noodle, Bee Tai Bak, Maggie, Chor Bee Hun, Mee Sua and Koay Teow Mee.

Koay Teow Soup (RM 5-Small / RM 6-Large)
*Served with minced pork, pork fillet and fish ball
Add on: Egg RM 0.90 and Minced Pork RM 1.60
High five to anyone who like minced meat like I do! I had add-on that whereas egg..uhmm, it was my PIC added it when placing order. Not really obsessed for having egg in Koay Teow Soup, but since it has been order so I'll just take it.

Soup base is apparently a little bit darker but I'm fine on the taste. Not overly salty yet not very refreshing, too.


Yellow Noodle- Dry (RM 5-Small / RM 6-Large)
*Served with minced pork, pork fillet and fish ball
My PIC got this without any negative comment, so I assume it goes well to those who wanna try on dry version. A small bowl of soup is served, so worries-free that it will be dry to chew.


Steamed Chicken (RM 5-Small / RM 7-Medium / RM 9-Large)
It's became a must to add on steamed chicken when we're having Koay Teow Soup.
Must be inspired from Ipoh's Tau Geh chicken where diner couldeat with koay teow or rice, I suppose LOL

The chicken looks slightly pinkish, might not be comfortable for some of the diners. But we're okay with it as we believe colour doesn't indicate doneness (happen also at a fully cooked poultry). The essential oil makes our dining even better with a hearty bowl of Koay Teow Soup.


It's hard to recall the menu but probably it won't differ much from my previous visit at Relau outlet.

Spot the stall beside one selling asam laksa, just a short distance after drinks corner.

Summary
Taste: 3/5
Possible for return visit?
50% - if I wish to have some hawker food at Automall neighbourhood
50% - I could visit Relau outlet (near to my house) whenever I'm craving for it